On 04/21/2015 01:13 PM, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
Hi

I also need to integrate Solaris 10 clients with freeipa servers.

I've been round many resources, eg freeipa wiki, Fedora and Red Hat manuals, various bug trackers and the freeipa-users mailing list.

It looks to me as if this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00030.html

might be the best guide available, although I'm not sure what changes I might need to make because I'm actually on Solaris 10 rather than 11.

Can anyone advise please?

There is a comment in the above post:
"Make sure that the automount maps in ipaserver is named auto_* and NOT auto.* so they are compatible with Solaris name standards."

My automount maps are already called eg auto.master, auto.home on my ipa server and I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere suggesting an attributeMap can fix this issue, but I can't find it now, so maybe I am mistaken.

Am I on the right track? Is anyone familiar with that fix.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone

We are not strong in Solaris so you really need to search user archives or wait for someone who accomplished Solaris integration to chime in here on the list.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio