On 23/04/15 04:25, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Roderick Johnstone wrote:
On 22/04/15 14:30, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:13 PM, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
Hi

I also need to integrate Solaris 10 clients with freeipa servers.

I've been round many resources, eg freeipa wiki, Fedora and Red Hat
manuals, various bug trackers and the freeipa-users mailing list.

It looks to me as if this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00030.html

might be the best guide available, although I'm not sure what changes
I might need to make because I'm actually on Solaris 10 rather than 11.

Can anyone advise please?

There is a comment in the above post:
"Make sure that the automount maps in ipaserver is named auto_* and
NOT auto.* so they are compatible with Solaris name standards."

My automount maps are already called eg auto.master, auto.home on my
ipa server and I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere suggesting an
attributeMap can fix this issue, but I can't find it now, so maybe I
am mistaken.

Am I on the right track? Is anyone familiar with that fix.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone

We are not strong in Solaris so you really need to search user archives
or wait for someone who accomplished Solaris integration to chime in
here on the list.

Dmitri

I had gathered that from previous postings to the list and was indeed
hoping that one of the Solaris experts might comment.

By the way, there are various suggestions on the list of putting the
best Solaris instructions on the wiki. Is that still a possibility? I'd
be happy to help, but I'm not experienced with connecting Solaris to ipa
yet!

Roderick

A few weeks back I added what I thought were the most relevant threads
and pointers. The mailing list thread you refer to was converted into
some documentation bugs and tickets. I referenced those at
http://www.freeipa.org/page/ConfiguringUnixClients#Additional_Resources

If there is anything I can improve here just let me know.

Rob

This page has expanded since I was searching a few weeks ago. Thanks for that. I understand that the project has no direct Solaris expertise.

There are some things that could be made easier to follow and others that seem inconsistent with the mailing list thread that I found. Maybe some are just different ways of doing the same thing.

I started to point some some differences in this email, but its probably best if I go through the mailing list link that I found and the web page you referenced, systematically, and list what the differences are. I'll be in touch when I have done that.

In the meantime I noticed a few of small html link issues on the web page you referenced...

1) Under the section Solaris 8/9/10 / Configuring Client Authentication
the link to the reference files in /var/ldap (http://www.freeipa.com/page/ConfiguringUnixClients#Client_Configuration_Files), for me, resolves to the top level "Open Source Community page" http://community.redhat.com/software/. I do however see the files correctly linked from the section "Client Configuration Files" at bottom of the page.

2) There is the same issue for the links to the nsswitch.conf and pam.conf files linked in items 2 and 4 below the above - sorry, its hard to describe well where these links are.

And it would be good if the patch ("Patch to update Solaris documentation") that is referred to in Solaris 8/9/10 / Additional resources could be applied to the original document and the patched document made available, or at least the information in it.

Thanks

Roderick