On 22/04/15 14:30, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/21/2015 01:13 PM, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
Hi

I also need to integrate Solaris 10 clients with freeipa servers.

I've been round many resources, eg freeipa wiki, Fedora and Red Hat
manuals, various bug trackers and the freeipa-users mailing list.

It looks to me as if this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00030.html

might be the best guide available, although I'm not sure what changes
I might need to make because I'm actually on Solaris 10 rather than 11.

Can anyone advise please?

There is a comment in the above post:
"Make sure that the automount maps in ipaserver is named auto_* and
NOT auto.* so they are compatible with Solaris name standards."

My automount maps are already called eg auto.master, auto.home on my
ipa server and I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere suggesting an
attributeMap can fix this issue, but I can't find it now, so maybe I
am mistaken.

Am I on the right track? Is anyone familiar with that fix.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone

We are not strong in Solaris so you really need to search user archives
or wait for someone who accomplished Solaris integration to chime in
here on the list.

Dmitri

I had gathered that from previous postings to the list and was indeed hoping that one of the Solaris experts might comment.

By the way, there are various suggestions on the list of putting the best Solaris instructions on the wiki. Is that still a possibility? I'd be happy to help, but I'm not experienced with connecting Solaris to ipa yet!

Roderick