On 04/28/2015 11:53 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/28/2015 05:39 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/28/2015 05:11 PM, Christopher Lamb wrote:
HI All

I have just tested with the FreeIPA Web UI public demo
https://ipa.demo1.freeipa.org/ipa/ui/

Using the public demo, when I log out, I get returned to the login
screen,
as expected. This allows me to log in with a different user.

With our own installation FreeIPA, from exactly the same browser, I get
logged straight back in to the Web UI - which makes logging out
pointless.

still confused ...
Do you have a kerberos ticket on your local system?
Do klist.
See which tickets you have.
If you have tickets do kdestroy - this will remove the ability to SSO.
If you then try to use your IPA server you will have the same experience
as with public demo.
I think this is a question for Petr. On logout one should be directed to
a page that doesn't require auth so it doesn't renegotiate the
connection.

rob
Petr can you reproduce this?

Yes.

User is automatically logged-in back if he has a valid Kerberos ticket.

The reason is that after showing the login form, the whole UI is reloaded in order to forget everything in the app memory. It then behaves as normal access and SSO kicks in.

IPA had a logout page but it was removed. One reason was that PatternFly says that when a session expires(which, in a way, is a logout), user should be presented with a login page. As we see, with SSO, the behavior is a little bit different and unexpected.

I've created a new ticket:

Petr Vobornik