On 17/01/17 10:10, Peter Fern wrote:
Hello all,

It appears there have been quite a few changes to the FreeIPA plugin
infrastructure in the 4.4 series.  I've been trying to wade through the
commits, but it's a pretty tough slog.

Does anyone have details on how to migrate plugins from <=4.3 to 4.4?

Thanks,
Pete

Hello Peter,
in 4.4 we split the plugins to the server and client plugins. Simple plugins (like server plugin) needs to exist only on server and all what is needed is to move it from ipalib/plugins to ipaserver/plugins.

But if commands in your plugin define interactive_prompt_callback (like dns plugin) or forward (like vault plugin) you will need to split the client and server part of the plugin.

--
David Kupka