Hi Jay,

first of I'm truthfully sorry how it went with xrdp. Even if I wasn't
directly involved I absolutely understand you and also think some not
really right choices were made.. Sorry for that.

That said,

On 10/23/2013 09:48 AM, Jay Sorg wrote:
> What do I think?
>
> I left rdesktop in Peter's control and Cendio took over.
> I left FreeRDP is your control and Thinstuff took over.
... what do you understand by "took over"?

Spending time on fixing bugs?
Trying to get new features in?
Spending money on improving OSS software?
Helping out users?

I believe in FreeRDP and spent quite some of my spare time on it -
trying to fix bugs, help people, improve infrastructure, ....
and I'm really lucky that my employer, Thinstuff, also shares the believes in
FreeRDP and
that we are allowed to do some work on FreeRDP in our paid time.
A lot of things I do would not be possible for me otherwise.

Thinstuff didn't in *any* kind take over FreeRDP. To let me put this
straight Marc-Andre is the project lead and I (like any other Thinstuff
employee) isn't favoured in any way when working on FreeRDP. We don't dictate
any
direction, we just regular contributors doing pull request and help on
other stuff. - For me that doesn't look like taking over?

On the other side, it's not a secret that we do and did projects together with
Marc-André and his company. If we do projects the "by-product" is most
of the time that something that was done ends up in FreeRDP since it's a
new feature or improvement even if it's just a trivial memory leak or
fix. - Still not seeing the take over point her.

Jay, I'm really happy and thankful that you and Marc-André started
FreeRDP but if you leave the project and not happy how it turned out
it's one thing. If you are unhappy how other things went thats the
other. On both, I really do see your point and respect this
but I also feel personally offended by public accusations that are
just not right and true.
I know all of the people at Thinstuff and they are nice and good
girls and boys and definately not with the intention, or mindset,
of "taking over" an project.

This is just my personal opinion and has nothing todo with my employer.

Best regards,
Bernhard