Hi David,

I wish I was able to generate BER plots similar to those in your images.
Unfortunately, while Gnuradio has powerful real time plotting blocks, I haven't
figured out how to use them yet.
For this reason, I have to use two flowgraphs, one for the analog radio and one
for the USRP, get the SNR figures from one and use pen and paper to compare
with the known bits received on the other. This allows me to change the block
parameters live and watch the result. Hopefully some day I will be able to
learn Octave.

For reference, the pulse shaping filters I am experimenting with are derived
from this paper:
http://www.ochiailab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/pdf/tanahashi_tcom06_final.pdf

Cheers,
Adrian