Alan,

Use this version of umurmur: https://github.com/qradiolink/umurmur
It is slightly older but verified to work with qradiolink. The Murmur
server is more complicated and has some compatibility issues that I didn't
solve yet.
If you use the headless remote interface, you will need to set everything
up for repeater mode either in the settings file before starting the
program, or via telnet commands (squelch, volume, tx and rx gain, tx shift,
VOIP gain, duplex mode, frequency, CTCSS, etc). Then, you only need to
issue "start_trx" and "setrepeater 1". If you have two computers and want
to link two repeaters, you will need two full duplex SDRs like the PlutoSDR
or LimeSDR-mini to work in repeater mode. The HackRF is not full duplex. If
you don't want them as repeaters but simply radios linked by VOIP, then you
can use HackRFs just fine but make sure not to enable duplex mode in
qradiolink.
For repeater mode, you can have an RTL-SDR for receiving and a HackRF for
transmitting and a single qradiolink instance on a single computer
configured to use both. I don't have a HackRF so I was not able to test it.
I'm curious whether it works well, please let me know.
If you use non-linear amplifiers with the HackRF, there are two 2FSK modes
which support both Codec2 (2FSK-2K) and Opus (2FSK-10K), as well as 800XA.
2400A is not yet added.

Cheers,
Adrian