Right.  Of course.  But it's very telling that you put the word *purpose* last.
 It is that purpose that sets the entire context, including the appropriateness
of any definition in the lexicon used while engaged in the project.  You seem
to have ignored my point about use cases and how they set the tolerances on
discretization error.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ