> It still makes some sense to offer version without X11
> support, but we should make lack of X11 support clear
> in documentaion and probably point to alternatives supporting
> X11.

I don't think that X11 will disappear too quickly, but still, we should
be prepared. Windows has no X, MacOS has no X, with Wayland coming, X
will not be the default in Ubuntu etc.

In fact, I do not really see why FriCAS needs X. Of course supporting it
as long as it works, is OK, but I wouldn't want to invest much time into
it. We already have jfricas as a nice interface. Much of the stuff in
HyperDoc lives at fricas.github.io. The big problem is our graphics
engine. For that we would need someone that comes up with a connection
to some newer graphics framework so that X is no prerequisit anymore.

Ralf