Brad,

You said:

"Perhaps no idea is grand enough to withstand the withering,
relentless assault of  The New American Dream of universal
free-fall economic devolution aka deregulated free or at
least all-consuming markets."

This reads well, but what does it mean?

Apparently you are in favor of money being extracted from
the pockets of ordinary French workers to give to - for
example - the farmers. Indeed, you are in favor of special
privilege granted to those who buy politicians - you know
like the American experience which you twist into
"deregulated free markets" but which are actually regulated
by those who buy and sell Democrats and Republicans.

Also, what are "all-consuming markets"?

Harry

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles