stu wrote:
Hi everyone

Possibly this is the wrong forum for this question, but I'll risk asking
it here first. Is there any reason why Debian unstable only provides
fvwm 2.4.16, and not fvwm 2.5.7?

debian unstable is called unstable because it's not stable yet, not because it includes unstable (development) versions of apps. Generally debian unstable includes latest stable versions of apps (or at least that's the goal, as far as I can say).

        erik