>   debian unstable is called unstable because it's not stable yet, not
> because it includes unstable (development) versions of apps. Generally
> debian unstable includes latest stable versions of apps (or at least
> that's the goal, as far as I can say).

That's correct. Although that doesn't prevent them from adding the development
version as well, but under a different name (such as they do with a lot
of packages). And i too am longing for the FVWM development versions in
Debian unstable, because FVWM is about the only package i still have to
install from source.

cheers,
Remko