On Sep 6, 5:24 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> starrfarr wrote:
> >Cyberguys offers adapter cards that convert CF cards to either ata
> >or sata so you could plug them into a computer to function exactly
> >as a drive. Such a device that would accept SDHC cards could be VERY
> >useful.
>
> Would this
> work:http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/adidesd.asp

Should.  I think this is the same hardware Cyberguys sells but the
site offers other options.  For example, this one will carry two CF
cards:

http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/ad44midecf.asp

The hardware itself is quite inexpensive, but two 4 gig CF cards,
especially fast ones, could break the bank.

They do offer an SD card reader (http://www.addonics.com/products/
flash_memory_reader/adidesd.asp) but it might be harder to drop in a
laptop, while they give directions for doing just that for the CF card
readers.

None of this is ideal, but I think a solution is coming soon.  I can't
believe how many images and high res video fit on a single 8gig SDHC
card.  Smaller, faster cheaper.   All we have to do is wait.

Rich