Since mine is an optical drive, mischievious x-rays aren't much of a
concern for me.
Also Dennis is probably accurate in his observation, Metal drive
housings would be pretty handy in most instances to fend off xrays.

I think my best option is someone who has either done it before or can
point me to a blue print or some sort of exploded diagram showing what
the heck pieces I'm dealing with. I'm serious about describing how
durable the plastic this case is made out of are. I pryed the back
plate out to about an inch and ended up with a 'bend' in it of less
than 1/8th of an inch. Sigh. I also can't get a sturdy enough blade
into the incredibly well 'glued' seams along the bottom. 'It's One
Tough Truck'

Richard