Hi Richard,

Those photos look exactly like my Porsche brick only yours would be
bigger as it is for an optical drive ...

You will have to try to insert two small blades in the cracks of the
case (two at once on one side at the height of the feet) and then push
the bottom down a bit on that side so the little nubs will slip out of
their little grooves, then do the same on the other side and try to
shake the bottom with the drive loose from the cover/top. If I
remember right there is also a little nub/groove on the back ...

I wish you luck as it is a very fiddly undertaking. I was cursing a
lot but I got it done eventually ...

Cheers, Jörg.