On Dec 5, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Yersinia wrote:

> OMG, what timing you should mention this! I have yet to zap the PRAM
> on
> my G4 Quicksilver 867 (though I was discussing the possibility of
> maybe
> having to try it in an offlist email this morning), and this situation
> with your MDD is precisely what came into my mind, since my
> Quicksilver
> also has no power key on the keyboard, only on the front of the
> machine!
> I was wondering if it's even physically possible for me to do it on
> this
> machine.

You don't have to hit the Power (Pwr) key WHILE holding the Cmd-Opt-P-
R keys, you've got a second or two AFTER the chime to get onto the
keys. I normally hit all four keys with my right hand only, the thumb
on the Cmd-Opt pair together, the index on the "R" and the pinky on
the "P" key.

I think Paul has a typo above? I think he meant to say "Then hit the P
and power with my right" instead of "Then hit the R and power with my
right"?

The reason I like the right hand only approach is the simplicity of
moving the finger position to the Cmd-Opt-O-F keys after one of the
Cmd-Opt-P-R chimes. The O & F are adjacent to the P & R keys and it's
a relatively simple transition, and again, you've got a second or so
AFTER the chime to get your fingers onto these keys.