On Jun 7, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Kyle Hansen wrote:

>> FWIW ... manually dowloading the 10.5.7 "combo" update directly from
>> Apple's site worked perfectly on every "Mack" or Hack which I have.
>>
>> Whereas, automatically downloading the model-specific update, through
>> "Software Update ...", failed in EVERY case, "Mack" as well as Hack.
>
> That's what I am getting at.

Let's say you have a couple of "Macks" in your shop.

And, let's say you also have a couple of Hacks in your shop, and all
of them are using the "vanilla" MacOS X kernel and the hidden
partition for your EFI emulator and Boot132 for your boot loader.

And, let's say you have a 1 GB thumb drive with the file
"MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.7.pkg" as a "flat" file on that thumb drive, plus
you also have the audio packages which are needed for each Hack (none
are needed for a "Mack", of course).

Then, simply run "MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.7.pkg" against each "Mack" and/
or run "MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.7.pkg" against each Hack PLUS run the
applicable audio package against each Hack, and

Every "Mack" and Hack will be brought up to 10.5.7 and you will loose
no functions PLUS you will gain all functions provided by 10.5.7.

P.S. Some Netbooks use a different address for their GMA950, in which
case you may have to edit the two GMA950 kexts. If you successfully
got your Netbook Hack to 10.5.6, then you'll know which kexts those are.

The site referenced below contains a number of audio packages which
have been extensively tested, and are known to work.

"Guides" for building Hacks can also be found there, too.

http://groups.google.com/group/hq-a <+> A home for the Hackintosh
community.

To subscribe to the HQ-A group, send email to hq-a
+subscr...@googlegroups.com