Kris Tilford wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2009, at 10:30 PM, Stephen Weber wrote:
>

>> I have a G3 600mhz iMac and runs bad on yourtube too.  You  need a
>> computer with a processor better than a  G3 or a early G4.  It's
>> because flash is a CPU hog.
>>

> I've had some Pentium III PC laptops that were equivalent MHz to G3
> and early G4 Apples. It always bothered me immensely that a 700MHz
> PIII could play almost all video completely smoothly with an 8MB
> Radeon video card; and a G4 PowerBook with 8MB Radeon, or G3
> 700-900MHz iBook with 16MB Radeon both completely choke on even simple
> video, and coaxing any smooth video playback is a real chore.
>
> I used such a 700MHz PIII to watch the Beijing Olympics online via MS
> Silverlight (which has no PPC Mac port), and it displayed fine on my
> 40" Samsung LCD TV. Conversely, my G4 Mini with 32MB Radeon seems to
> stutter from time-to-time on lots of different video formats, and it's
> running at 1.58GHz, over twice as fast as the PIII. The bus width
> should double that speed again, so on the face I'd think the Mini was
> minimally 4x faster CPU/Bus, with 4x the VRAM, and 2x the RAM (1GB vs
> 512MB), and yet for video playback the PIII won hands down?

> What's the
> deal?

Kris your case is sad, really sad. And I wish someone out there could
explain....what's the deal? I would think, being completely drunk, that
a 1.58 ghz machine would beat a P3 machine. I do have a P3 laptop of
similar specs like yours and never noticed this kinds of issues. And
when I moved to the G4 from my Pismo----though not completely yet---I
thought all this kinds of problems history. I guess not.