On 28/08/09 12:40 PM, "Richard Gerome" <onecoolka...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>      I'm a little confused? The question was: OSX10.4 on a G3 but when I'm
> reading these emails I keep hearing G4 mentioned too??? With all my knowledge
> and all the yrs I have been using Apples "Tiger can run on a G4 without any
> problems" but a G3 it will run very slow... Can someone help me out here to
> understand what's up???

Well the mobo started with a G3 CPU (i.e. the B&W), but the CPU can be
upgraded to a G4.  HOWEVER the mobo is still the original mobo that had the
G3 CPU.  This can cause other issues such as not being able to boot from a
target disk via firewire or RAM limitations or even CPU speed limitations.
So it's always good to indicate the original makeup of your system and then
include any upgrades you've done to it so people here can get a better
understanding of how to respond to issues or questions.

With certain upgrades (RAM, graphics card, even overclocking) a G3 can run
Tiger very well.