On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2009, at 11:19 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:
>
>> OK, I am now using OS X 10.4.11 on a Quicksilver
>> I thought I'd try again to se if I could access 2 older Digital
>> Cameras (both are the same model) so I downloaded Macam 0.9.2 (after
>> searching for Macam OS X 10.4.11) and the Driver for that camera
>> (SS702, got it from a link off this list).
>> So far no luck. Image capture says there is "No Image Capture device
>> connected" and Macam does not see the camera either.
>>
>> Here is what Apple System Profiler says about the camera:
>>
>> USB 1.1 Device:
>>
>>  Version:     1.00
>>  Bus Power (mA):      500
>>  Speed:       Up to 12 Mb/sec
>>  Manufacturer:        Jeilin
>>  Product ID:  0x0227
>>  Vendor ID:   0x0979
>>
>> Here is the info off the camera itself:
>>
>> Model Number: 16380
>>
>> Sokar International, Inc.
>> 195 Carter Drive
>> Edison, NJ 08817
>
> In past postings on this subject (toy cameras) we've been calling the
> camera "Sakar" rather than "Sakor".

So it was a typo. :P

> Also, in the past you posted different Product ID# and Vendor ID #.
>
> I think your two cameras of the perhaps the same model but DIFFERENT
> on the inside?

They look identical. One has no stickers on it but the other does.

> Camera #1 is Product ID: 0x905c and Vendor ID: 0x2770 Manufacturer: SQ
> (Service & Quality)
> Camere #2 is Product ID: 0x0227 and Vendor ID: 0x0979 Manufacturer:
> Jeilin
>
> For Camera #1, I don't believe it's likely you've installed the
> drivers correctly. These OS X drivers were very old, so they may not
> work in 10.4.11, but, here we go again:
>
> The drivers were available here:
> <http://web.archive.org/web/20070806172233/http://www.spectraintl.com/xdlds/SS702%20OS.sit
>  >
> After you expand the .sit archive you'll have a folder called "905C
> OSX10.1" in which there are two components. One is an OS X installer
> package, the other is a Quicktime component. You'll need to place the
> "Video905C.component" into the HD>Library>Quicktime folder. I don't
> think there is any ownership & permissions requirement for this, so
> you can just drag & drop "Video905C.component" into the
> HD>Library>Quicktime folder. I believe you'll need to reboot after
> this, but I'm not certain?
> The installer package will install an application called
> MYDSC_905C.app. Install this at the same time you add the component to
> Quicktime. After you've rebooted, attach the camera via USB, cross
> your fingers, and launch the MYDSC_905C.app and see what happens. This
> should only work (if it works at all?) for Camera #1, the Sakar with
> IDs 0x905c and 0x2770.
> IF this works for Camera #1, and the two cameras are VERY similar,
> there's a chance you could modify the application to work with Camera
> #2 also. To do this, you'd need to Ctl-click the application and "Show
> Package Contents" and then go the the "info.plist" file inside the
> application and add the new PID & VID to the listing. If you can't
> make the application work with Camera #1, there is little or no chance
> it would work with Camera #2, so this is something to think about IF
> you get Camera #1 working.

Well, I rebooted and Macam still won't see the camera and neither will
Image Capture
And for the record, my folder was called 905C OSX10.3
--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind;
to go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")