second hardisc is not the solution if time travel needs for your rescue...

i lost 3 TB data because of electric problem in Turkey...

Those discs are backuped internal other 3 TB

And yes i got good UPS

But all of them gone...

Remote backup or just a handy external HD is the answer...

I use Time Machine with 24 hours backup intervals with 1.5 TB External
nowadays...

Because i need the open my workstation for 24 hours and something migth
happen that i need to stop prevent further disaster but i could not be there
as i lived.

--
Baha Ata