On 04/02/2010, at 5:58 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

> Hi All
> I'm having trouble getting consistent DL DVD burns. It seems that I get a
> good disk and when played on a set top they sometimes break up and it's
> annoying. I have good equipment but I think maybe the media is crap. Like 1
> out of three is junk, this gets costly and embarrassing when you give a
> friend a disk and they tell you it screwed up some where during play. I even
> let the disk verify but that means nothing. CDs are not a problem and most
> single layers are usually ok. I have some that play right one or three times
> and then crap out. I have three different rippers
> I use Toast 8 and all my drives are Pioneer 118L. Does anyone else have this
> problem?
>
> John Carmonne
> Yorba Linda USA

G'day John.

Personally I use ink jet printable Verbatim disks, (CD-R, DVD-R, DL-DVD), and
very, very rarely get a burn that doesn't verify correctly, and the last one I
had that didn't verify was because it had a fingerprint (mine) on it.

Stick on labels should be avoided as well, especially in iMacs where the drives
run hot, and labels might come unstuck.

I've tried TDK and they're junk.

What brand are you using?

Regards