At 5:27 AM -0800 2/4/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
I'm having trouble getting consistent DL DVD burns. It seems that I get a good disk and when played on a set top they sometimes break up

I really hate it when DL discs go foo.  Too expensive to make coasters!

I use Toast 8 and all my drives are Pioneer 118L. Does anyone else have this problem?

I get good "verify" action but the disk still breaks up during set top play.

Try burning slower.

Try burning with a different tool.

On the encoding side, maybe you need different compression settings, to more closely match your players?

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.