Hello everyone.

Thank you for the suggestions so far!

I notice now that I forgot to mention that the QS itself is on the
first floor. So the setup is:

Third floor: eMac @ full reception
Second floor: Airport base
First floor: G4 QS.

I've checked the antenna again, but it is connected and only goes in
one way. I'll try to disconnect it to see if it makes any difference
(thereby discarding the antenna as a possible problem).
I'll also fit the card to my G4 Yikes, to see if that gives me the
same results. Any results I will post here.

I have one of those 802.11g dongles, but the problem is that it
connects via USB 1.1. So any advances in speed I do have are cancelled
out by the slow USB port.

@Dan: If only I could get an Ethernet cable to the G4.. I've thought
about it, but it means drilling through three walls and the floor. I
don't know about houses in the US, but here in the Netherlands
drilling through the floor means drilling through almost a foot of
concrete..