On Sep 30, 2011, at 2:21 AM, QuoVadis wrote:

I have one of those 802.11g dongles, but the problem is that it
connects via USB 1.1. So any advances in speed I do have are cancelled
out by the slow USB port.

A USB 2 PCI card would be a good investment for an old QS because you'll get the higher speed on everything else, such as external HDs, attached printers, etc. I'd get the card and try the 802.11g USB dongle. There are plenty of cheap cards on eBay, or ask on the LEM-Swap list with a WTB.

I bet you could sell the 802.11b Airport card and buy the USB 2 PCI card and make a profit?