Hiyas,

Had power outage Friday and noted that while my son's Back UPS ES 750 worked fine, beeped to let him know to shut down, mine just allowed the computer to shut off. Not good!

Yesterday purchased a new UPS ES 500 and noticed when instructed to connect battery cables they already were. Hm. When I plug in the unit it has one steady alarm.

Something wrong? Take it back? Does it need to charge up first? Don't recall any of the others needing to charge. I think in the manual it means it will charge in the background while plugged in. But I could be wrong.

Going to use with the 2.66 iMac.

Thanks for any advice.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design

Intel iMac 2.4gHz Core 2 Duo
1GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive, OS 10.5.5

Intel iMac 2.66gHz Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM, 264GB Hard Drive, OS 10.5.6

G4 Quicksilver 733mHz Tower
896 MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive, OS 10.4.11

mailto:earth...@ptd.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com