On 2011/11/01 06:26, Anne Keller-Smith so eloquently wrote:

On Nov 1, 2011, at 1:17 AM, Tina K. wrote:

On 2011/10/31 22:24, Anne Keller-Smith so eloquently wrote:
Had power outage Friday and noted that while my son's Back UPS ES 750
worked fine, beeped to let him know to shut down, mine just allowed the
computer to shut off. Not good!

Did you have the Energy Saver pref pane configured to shut the Mac
down before the UPS ran out of battery power? And the USB/Ethernet
cable connected from the Mac to the UPS?

> No, because I don't use that software any more. As I recall, it never
> worked properly.
>
> What I do is when the power goes out, shut the computer down manually.
>
> My son's doesn't have it installed either. In all previous instances
> of power loss, the power
> would go out, the UPS's would beep, but the computers would stay on.

To be clear, I'm referring to Apple's Energy Saver pref pane, not APC's software. It's worked flawlessly for me on G4s, G5s, and Intel through 10.4 - 10.6.

Tina

--

HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11