On Dec 1, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Mac User #330250 wrote:

So, how is it with a G5 and Leopard? Are there any known issues that I just
didn't find yet?

Are you using your G5 Power Macs with Tiger or with Leopard?

Might the issue be fixed if I clean out the dust, which I presume must be there
after all these years (I didn't look too deep into it yet)?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250

It does not sound like strange behavior to me that a later OS release might use more resources and generate more heat, so the fans would kick on occasionally. It is just normal operation. Did you expect your fans to never speed up while using your G5? The usage does not have to be at 100% of CPU load to get the fans to speed up.

As Valter wrote, it is never a bad idea to clean the inside of any of your computers.