On Feb 14, 2012, at 5:42 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Feb 14, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Gene Henley wrote:

I have a G3,350 Mhz with no fire wire. It has 9.2.2 What is max HDD it will accept? How much ram? The disk drive is read only. Will it accept a CD RW or DVD RW? I want to make this a Panther or Tiger with Classic capabilities,or dual boot. OS 9 or OSX. Is this doable?

You've made an error with the description. All the 350MHz iMacs had Firewire ports. The fastest iMac without a Firewire port was the 333MHz, which is what I assume you have?

I don't see the name "iMac" in his description? Could it be that he is describing a G3 PowerMac, instead of an iMac? Too lazy to check if the 350MHz G3 PowerMac came with a FireWire port, but more knowledgeable Mac users here on this list will know that answer off the top of their head without having to even look it up.

David
aka AmigaDave
dual booting MacOSX & MorphOS2.7 on 1.5GHz G4 MacMini & dual 1.42GHz G4 PowerMac MDD, plus dual booting MacOSX & MorphOS3.0 beta on 15" & 17" 1.67GHz G4 PowerBooks. Main desktop computer is dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac running MacOSX Leopard (waiting for a port of MorphOS someday)