On 04/11/2016 02:15 PM, Илья Валеев wrote:
> Thank for answers!
>> Gajim don't encrypt files before sending it
> Even if it connects to server via SSL/TLS?

TLS is useless when using proxies. Nothing prevent the receiver to
connect to the proxy without encryption. And the proxy owner can get the
file unencrypted.

>> FT can be encrypted if using Jingle FT (both parties need to support
>> that) and no proxy is used.
> How do I know when I use Jingle filetransfer and if stream is
> encrypted? I found only this
> <https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/JingleFileTransfer>: "Gajim will try
> negotiating a jingle file transfer session first, or, if the peer does
> not support jingle, fall back to ​
> <https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0096.html>SI file transfer".
> If you mean jingle XTLS, is not does not accepted like XEP?

Gajim automatically tries jingle FT first, and encryption if both
parties support it. But except by reading XML, you currently can't know
nor enforce encryption. Suggestions welcome.

> I've heard that exists in-band FT based on IQ requests (not SI/IBB).
> If you know about it, does Gajim supports it?

it's called IBB. Gajim supports it as a fallback (only if nothing else
works).

> P.S. If Gajim support XEP-0234 jingle file transfer, then this XEP is
> not listed here <https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/GajimXEPSupport>.

Right, I added it, thanks

--
Yann