I'm trying to add CSRA (NCBI Compressed Sequence Read Archive) as a new datatype for Galaxy.

I've followed the instructions on the wiki, and the module seems to load OK. csra shows up as a datatype in the upload view.

But the upload fails, and the uploaded file size is always 0. The actual file I upload is 156k.

Here are my changes:

In binary.py:
http://pastie.org/5030960

In upload.py (following the example at http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Binary-datatypes-td4135969.html):
http://pastie.org/5030967

datatypes_conf.xml:
http://pastie.org/5030970

I also have a very hard time debugging Galaxy. Where can I look for an error stream that explains what it's doing? paster.log only tells me the HTTP traffic. I need to know where it is failing to know where to look. And my code needs to be able to, at the very least, print debug messages. How do people generally do that in Galaxy?

Thanks

--Mark Johnson