Here's a link to the architecture paper:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cpe.1836/full

Building CloudMan image from the repo you mention will not work - that repo
is for cloudman itself while you need an image capable of running cloudman.
For that, you should use CBL.

Also, here are some instructions about setting up cloudman and galaxy on
OpenNebula cloud:
https://www.cloud.sara.nl/projects/mattiasdehollander-project/wiki (note
that this mentions use of mi-deployment set of scripts; since that,
mi-deployment has been merged into CBL).