On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 15:55 +0100, Peter Cock wrote:
> Maybe I should retitle this thread...
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Bjoern Gruening
> > <bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ok reverted it!
> >> Its now to a normal bash definition and I removed the atlas and lapack
> >> definitions. So it should build but it has performance regressions.
> >>
> >> If the new galaxy stable is out, I will upload the new version.
> >> Hope it builds now for you.
> >>
> >> Bjoern
> >
> > Thank you - installing the NumPy package now works for me,
> > http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_numpy_1_7
> >
> > I'm moving on to something odd with matplotlib instead...
> >
> > Peter
>
> There are currently two revisions to the main Tool Shed
> package for numpy,
> http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_numpy_1_7
>
> Rev 0: c75482be1d3a - needs not-yet-released features
> Rev 1: 74c21f9bdc39 - simplified
>
> I'm trying to install a package dependent on this via
> matplotlib - but installing the matplotlib package fails:
> http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_matplotlib_1_2
>
> This is something odd, why does it think it needs to install
> the rev 0 c75482be1d3a version of package_numpy_1_7?
> See screenshot, except here:
>
> Repository dependencies - installation of these additional
> repositories is required
> Name  Revision        Owner   Installation status
> package_freetype_2_4  8761091302c4    iuc     Installed
> package_numpy_1_7     74c21f9bdc39    iuc     Installed
> package_numpy_1_7     c75482be1d3a    iuc     Uninstalled
>
> Yes, the matplotlib tool_dependencies.xml does list the
> original revision:
>
>     <package name="numpy" version="1.7.1">
>        <repository changeset_revision="c75482be1d3a"
> name="package_numpy_1_7" owner="iuc"
> prior_installation_required="True"
> toolshed="http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu"; />
>     </package>
>     <package name="freetype" version="2.4.11">
>         <repository changeset_revision="8761091302c4"
> name="package_freetype_2_4" owner="iuc"
> prior_installation_required="True"
> toolshed="http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu"; />
>     </package>
>
> But I thought as a "Tool dependency definition" only the
> tip revision is ever used?

That is also what I understood, regardless of the revision there is only
one install able revision. But I guess the TS is generating the path to
numpy from the <package> tag and that points to an old non existing
version.

> After attempting to install this, the status is "Installed, missing
> repository dependencies" and this oddity about wanting two
> revisions of NumPy persists.
>
> The actual failure appears to be in compiling matplotlib itself...
> I don't think it is finding the NumPy installation.
>
> Is it possible to view the INSTALLATION.log from within the
> Galaxy Admin web interface?

Yes you should see all installed files/folder and the INSTALLATION.log
in your web browser.
I can reproduce it here and it fails because of numpy.
One fix to get it working is to upload again biopython.