We've had the same problem since updating from the April 2013 stable
to Feb 2014 stable. Our jobs are going off to a slurm cluster via the
SlurmJobRunner plugin (though this was happening with the
DRMAAJobRunner plugin too, if I remember right). Removing pending
datasets occasionally removes the entry in Admin/Jobs, but not
reliably, and regardless the jobs stay queued in slurm with no noise
in galaxy.log at DEBUG or higher. We're not using parallelism either.

I noticed this around the same time as I noticed the new in-progress
animation in the history pane; perhaps there's an ajax-y callback
that's not firing? Otherwise I'd expect to see something in the log
about Galaxy at least trying to cancel the job.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Ravi Alla <ravi.a...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've been able to submit jobs to the cluster through galaxy, it works great.
> But when the job is in queue to run (it is gray in the galaxy history pane)
> and I cancel the job, it still remains in queue on the cluster. Why does this
> happen? How can I delete the jobs in queue as well? I tried qdel <job_id> as
> galaxy user but it says I am not authenticated to delete the job.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ravi.

Brian Claywell, Systems Analyst/Programmer
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
bclay...@fhcrc.org