I believe this problem was fixed by Nate after the latest dist release
and pushed to the stable branch of galaxy-central.

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/1298d3f6aca59825d0eb3d32afd5686c4b1b9294

If you are eager for this bug fix, you can track the latest stable
branch of galaxy-central instead of the galaxy-dist tag mentioned in
the dev news. Right now it has some other good bug fixes not in the
latest release.

-John