Greetings,

Despite being an admin, I am unable to remove old datasets from our Galaxy
instance. I am following the procedure detailed in:

https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Purge%20Histories%20and%20Datasets

 1.  delete_userless_histories.sh
 2.  purge_histories.sh
 3.  purge_libraries.sh
 4.  purge_folders.sh
 5.  delete_datasets.sh   -->  desired to remove datasets before their outer
container had been deleted
 6.  purge_datasets.sh

None of the scripts have been changed. They all call cleanup_datasets.py with
–d at 10 and –r enabled.

But it does not appear to have any effect. All datasets (both those older than
10 days and those more recent) in <galaxy root>/database/files are still
present, despite the –r setting in each script.

Is there some parameter or such that needs to be set in the universe config
that will allow this process to work?