The cleanup scripts enforce a sort of "lifetime" for the datasets.

The first time they're run, they may mark a dataset as deleted and also
reset the update time and you'll have to wait N days for the next stage of
the lifetime.

The next time they're run, or if a dataset has already been marked as
deleted, the actual file removal happens and purged is set to true (if it
wasn't already).

You can manually pass in '-d 0' to force removal of datasets recently
marked as deleted.

The purge scripts do not check 'allow_user_dataset_purge', of course.