Pushed out this changeset
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/183668ed911ca0ad937f3ffebf81557fb6567fd4
which should allow better reporting of dataset errors in histories.

Make sure export GALAXY_TEST_VERBOSE_ERRORS=True is executed before
your tests and then check the output of the API driven version - it
should have a breakdown of all datasets in error when it encounters a
history that is not ok. This should include the standard error and
standard output from the upload tool - which in turn should tell us
the exact problem (fingers crossed).