Yay, with your tip, galaxy direct tests now work with tool_conf.xml AND data
table in place!

Galaxy DOC person: please update
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/RunningTests to state that
tool_conf.xml.sample is NOT used for testing!  It is stated in the run_tests.sh
help info half way down the page.

Tool wasn't loading on new site because data table it referenced wasn't set up.

I'll note for galaxy devs that the WARNING is actually fatal i.e. that missing
data table caused some kind of weird error:

galaxy.tools.toolbox.base INFO 2015-02-27 13:48:48,190 Parsing the tool
configuration ./config/tool_conf.xml
galaxy.tools.parameters.dynamic_options WARNING 2015-02-27 13:48:48,199 Data
table named 'blast_reporting_fields' is required by tool but not configured
galaxy.tools.toolbox.base ERROR 2015-02-27 13:48:48,200 Error reading tool from
path: TESTING/blast_reporting/blast_reporting.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "...galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/tools/toolbox/base.py", line 670, in
_load_tool_tag_set
    tool = self.load_tool( os.path.join( tool_path, path ), guid=guid,
repository_id=repository_id )
  File ".../galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/tools/parameters/dynamic_options.py", line
608, in column_spec_to_index
    return int( column_spec )
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'type'

Thanks again, Peter!

Damion

Hsiao lab, BC Public Health Microbiology & Reference Laboratory, BC Centre for
Disease Control
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4R4 Canada