Dear all I was wondering if anybody has experience running a galaxy production
server using docker for mac. I know it's beta testing at the moment but since
the Virtual machine environment gave us such a hard time preserving and
managing user data etc. I thought I try it anyway...

However, it seems to be not as easy as expected.

after installation of docker I pull the new docker galaxy image with

docker pull quay.io/bgruening/galaxy:16.04

When I start a test container with net=host

docker run -it --net=host quay.io/bgruening/galaxy:16.04)

I am not able to connect to the galaxy web app and get this  error:

Starting ProFTP

proftpd: ERROR (abnormal termination)

and

==> /home/galaxy/logs/slurmd.log <==

[2016-06-29T08:13:41.440] error: Unable to resolve "moby": Unknown host

[2016-06-29T08:13:41.440] error: Unable to establish control machine address

I then tried to use Kinematik and at least I get the web app running. However,
I didn't find the option to change the network settings to net=host

And I have the additional problem that I have to assign ownership rights to the
folders in /export and I get the following error:

chown -R postgres:postgres /postgresql

chown: postgres: illegal group name

I know these are many issues, but maybe one of you has experience with this and
could provide some help.

Thanks a lot,

Philipp