Thanks Nate,

So since today the speed is much better ... I changed to debug = False
and activated the heartbeat. But I have no idea what the actual problem
was...

I hope I can deactivate it soon, because it said that it will eat up
disk space rapidly...

Cheers Jochen

On 12.12.2016 18:37, Nate Coraor wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
> You might want to enable the heartbeat (see the relevant options in
> galaxy.ini), so you can see what the threads are actually doing during that
> period. This should give you some insight on the culprit.
>
> --nate
>
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Jochen Bick <jochen.b...@usys.ethz.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply but in my case it did not solve the problem...
>> has anyone else good ideas to speed up galaxy?
>>
>> Cheers Jochen
>>
>> On 09.12.2016 17:07, Hendrickson, Curtis (Campus) wrote:
>>> Jochen
>>>
>>> We once had a similar, sudden performance problem, and found that the
>> setting
>>>
>>>       Galaxy.ini: debug = False
>>>
>>> Had accidentally been re-set to "True". Having "debug" turned on really,
>> really slows down the galaxy app process....
>>>
>>> So, check that debug = False.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Curtis

ETH Zurich
*Jochen Bick*
Animal Physiology
Institute of Agricultural Sciences
Postal address: Universitätstrasse 2 / LFW B 58.1
Office: Tannenstrasse 1 / TAN D 6.2
8092 Zurich, Switzerland

Phone +41 44 632 28 25
jochen.b...@usys.ethz.ch <mailto:jochen.b...@usys.ethz.ch>