Dear All,

We have a lot of sequencing data files whose locations and identifiers are managed by our home-grown webapp. We'd like to enable users to single-sign-on from our webapp into Galaxy (we will be using open ID on both systems for that). When the user opens a Galaxy window, we'd like them to be able to access the data files on our system which they have permissions to see.

How should we go about that without copying or moving files? Should we make a new data library, or (preferably) create our identifier service and make it a remote data source/library that galaxy can see and that can be browsed like other data libraries? Is there an API we should write our service against, or wrap files with appropriate galaxy meta data, etc.?

Thank you so much,
Oren