Oren Livne wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have a lot of sequencing data files whose locations and
> identifiers are managed by our home-grown webapp. We'd like to
> enable users to single-sign-on from our webapp into Galaxy (we will
> be using open ID on both systems for that). When the user opens a
> Galaxy window, we'd like them to be able to access the data files on
> our system which they have permissions to see.
>
> How should we go about that without copying or moving files? Should
> we make a new data library, or (preferably) create our identifier
> service and make it a remote data source/library that galaxy can see
> and that can be browsed like other data libraries? Is there an API
> we should write our service against, or wrap files with appropriate
> galaxy meta data, etc.?

Hi Oren,

Without knowing the full architecture it's a bit hard to say what the
best solution is.  However, Galaxy's API does allow for "upload" from
locations on the filesystem or from an FTP/HTTP/HTTPS url to a data
library, so you should be able to use this to do what you're talking
about.

Thanks,
--nate