Hi.
Although, none of the SI clones come close to the original in game play.
In he original there were rows upon rows of enemies to shoot down.
I believe the magic number is 24 per level. they were lined up in 4 rows
of enemies and when you blasted the bottom row the layer above would
drop down in the previous rows place.
Also as enemies were eliminated the game would get faster and faster
until the last invader was blasted.