Hi Allan,
I'm not sure of the maker or brand but I know in this Futile you had a
King, archers, pikemen, knights, etc and you could have up to six
players with his or own army. Each army got a castle, a King, etc...
The object of the game was of course to capture everyone elses kings
thus concoring the entire relm. You had a castle, and you could put the
King in the castle, and post guards around it or use natural obsticals
such as mountains or water to protect the castle from enemy soldiers.
There were other cool rules like you could move just one piece or all of
them during your turn against the enemy forces. However, each piece had
specific rules governing the kinds of moves it could do during a turn.
Another game that is cool is Battle Masters. Each player gets an army
one sit is an army of knights, kings, etc, and the other army is
goblins, orks, ogres, and so on.
In that game you have rules on movement and rolls for damage, but
everything was basicly based on what card you drew. Like it might say
wolf-riders move forward two spaces.