Hi,
Also there is another way to secure sound effects and it is about as
full proof as it gets. In Visual C++ you can clude your effects as a
resource, and compile it directly in to the *.exe file. It pretty much
insures no one will get at them. You can also build them in to a *.dll
and access them remotely.
I recommend the *.dll as it makes them extremely secure, and it doesn't
make your *.exe file the size of Texas.