Hi,
Honestly, that seams like it would be rather unlikely in a combat
situation. Even if you could insert your strike team in to the Borg ship
there is no way you could grab the gear and  get back without loosing
most of your team.
Even then there is no garentee the stuff you stole would work with
Federation hardware.
For STFC 2 I am thinking of more practical changes like adding mines,
ability to locate cloaked ships at a certain distance, probably a miss
variable that you could miss at a certain distance, and random damage
counters.