  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] genesis 3d?

  Hi Jeremy,

  I doubt it. Until now I have never heard of that smart phone, and
  besides we aren't talking about two similar products. Copyright law
  regarding trademarks and fair use is flexible in this regard. It would
  be one thing if I created a smart phone and called it Evolution 3D as
  that would imply an intent to try and compete with the other companies
  smart phone using their trademark. However, as this is a game engine,
  nothing to do with smart phones or phones period, I would say
  copyright law would come down on my side as a separate intellectual
  copyright as it is a different kind of product altogether.

  The thing you need to keep in mind is that a company or copyright
  holder has to prove how this supposed copyright infringement has hurt
  them. or can hurt them financially etc. As we are talking two
  completely different line of products there shouldn't be any conflict
  of interest. I don't particularly care if there is a smart phone out
  there called Evolution 3D as it doesn't effect my writing games, nor
  should they care about my engine since it doesn't effect them selling
  smart phones.