Josh, let me take the liberty of answering as well...  Quite simply put,
all games are not created equal...

   basically, you can think of it in the way that everything and I do mean
EVERYTHING that happens in a game, needs to be coded, either by you or
someone who may have written libraries, or an engine, or some sort of
helper code.  Other than that, you need to code every little aspect of the
action that will go on in your game.

   Just say for example that you have an accessible game creator that
supports creating a player who can walk around in a virtual world, and it
starts your player's health off at 100 points.  Well, perhaps your favorite
game starts your player off at 250 points of health.  You then look in your
game creator and there's no option to change your player's starting
health.  What do you do then?...

   I say this only to illustrate that if something simple like that can
happen, then you're kind of stuck unless you can code it yourself, and
guess what, in that case, if you can't edit the game creator's options
yourself, you're on your way to writing your game from scratch...  So do
you see where I'm coming from?...

   Anyway, hopefully this won't happen to ya! <smile>  and you'll find more
than enough features you like as I'm sure the creator that's coming out is
quite flexible in what it does...

Have a great evening!...

Smiles,

Cara

At 09:10 PM 1/11/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>yeah but if you take just the sounds and use just the sounds from the games,
>then, wouldn't it be just like programming any other audio game?
>
>Josh

   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn